Dan Abnett is a seven-times New York Times bestselling author and an award-winning comic book writer. He has written over fifty novels, including
- the acclaimed Gaunt’s Ghosts series,
- the Eisenhorn and Ravenor trilogies,
- volumes of the million-selling Horus Heresy series,
- The Silent Stars Go By (Doctor Who),
- Rocket Raccoon and Groot: Steal the Galaxy,
- The Avengers: Everybody Wants To Rule The World,
- The Wield,
- Triumff: Her Majesty’s Hero, and
In comics, he is known for his work on The Legion of Super-Heroes, Hercules, Nova, Wild’s End, and The New Deadwardians.
His 2008 run on The Guardians of the Galaxy for Marvel formed the inspiration for the blockbuster movie. A regular contributor to the UK’s long-running 2000AD, he is the creator of series including Brink, Grey Area, Lawless, Kingdom and the classic Sinister Dexter. He has also written extensively for the games industry, including Shadow of Mordor and Alien:Isolation.
His is currently the writer on Aquaman, The Titans, and Earth 2 for DC Comics, and has written a massive Aliens, Predator and Prometheus crossover called Life and Death for Dark Horse.
Dan lives and works in the Maidstone, Kent, UK.